Capital Consulting has been developing meeting materials since our inception 30 years ago with products ranging from agenda, participant lists, biographies, abstracts, badges, invitational and thank you letters, tent cards, signage, and meeting summaries.
In recent years, these products have gone to electronic format and even interactive, such as online agendas. Our editorial team has strong leadership and management procedures to ensure that high-quality products are delivered on time and within budget. Here are the key focus areas in this work:
- Editing and Proofreading – While all written products should be error-free, getting a person’s name misspelled (or not including a degree they earned) gets particularly noticed. We go beyond just proofing. We ensure that different products (e.g., badges and participant lists) are cross-checked against each other for consistency and if a person leaves off their degrees, we will try to do research to obtain them.
- Quick Turnaround – Deadlines for these products can be fast-paced. We develop meeting calendars so that we can let you know when a product needs to go to the printer or to in-house production.
- Customized – Letters whether invitational or a thank you are customized (versus Dear Participant).
- On-Site Support – For meetings onsite, we provide equipment to ensure that we can do any reprints onsite, including professional-looking badges. We are also able to provide interactive (QR codes) for agenda access onsite and will provide staff to assist participants in accessing the electronic documents.
Office of HIV and AIDS Malignancy (OHAM), National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH)
CLIENT: Office of HIV and AIDS Malignancy (OHAM), National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH)
PRODUCT: Meeting Programs
The Office of HIV and AIDS Malignancy enhances NCI’s research in the field of HIV/AIDS and facilitates the NCI-wide coordination of this effort. Capital Consulting has supported OHAM’s annual meetings since 2010, with an annual attendance of approximately 150 researchers both domestic and international.
Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
CLIENT: Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
PRODUCT: Meeting Programs
The Big Data to Knowledge Grantee Meeting and Scientific Symposium was a 3-day meeting, with over 900 participants. Capital Consulting supported all facets of this meeting through an NIHCATSII Task Order. We prepared promotional materials, two 60-page program books, a host of infographics and social media materials, and two websites.
Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute
CLIENT: Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute
PRODUCT: Meeting Program
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) was established by the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. PCORI’s purpose is to provide patients and their health care providers with the best information on what medical treatments and interventions are most effective at treating particular conditions and diseases so that informed decisions by both patients and providers can be achieved.
Capital Consulting provided full logistical support for this meeting, including:
- Researched and secured meeting space
- Developed meeting website for information and registration
- Arranged and managed audiovisual support
- Managed all hotel logistics
- Developed and printed all meeting materials
- Supported registration and travel arrangements for over 200 supported attendees
- Supported Continuing Education (CE) credit process
- Provided onsite support
Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
CLIENT: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
PRODUCT: Workshop on the Regulation of HIV Test Systems: Meeting Materials
The aim of the FDA workshop was to build regulatory capacity to assure the safety, efficacy and quality of HIV test kits consistent with Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDs Relief (PEPFAR) in-country health system building agenda. This capacity building workshop brought together regulators to learn and explore the applicability to the African setting of the following elements:
- Consensus principles for the regulation of IVDs in general, and specifically, of HIV test kits to assure product quality, safety and effectiveness.
- Points to consider for the regulation of HIV test kits, including specific regulatory challenges.
- Approaches and strategies to building a regulatory system for the oversight of HIV test kits.
Capital Consulting provided end-to-end planning and management of this international meeting, which took place in Arusha, Tanzania in 2015.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
CLIENT: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
PRODUCT: Annual Meeting Program
Capital Consulting provided end-to-end logistical and technical support for AHRQ’s annual in-person meetings from 2009 to 2015, which was their last large annual meeting. For these meetings, we:
- Worked hand-in-hand with AHRQ’s planning committee
- Assisted in developing a six-track topic agenda for more than 30 concurrent sessions and plenaries
- Provided and managed all audiovisual support
- Developed a meeting website and managed registration
- Provided note-taking for sessions
- Supported over 150 travelers
- Managed all venue contracts and setups
- Managed an exhibit session,
- Provided webcasting
- Provided outreach to potential attendees